Friday, July 8, 2011

Celeb FASHION » Jessica Alba: ‘People didn’t even give me a chance based on how racially ambiguous I looked’

Celeb FASHION » Jessica Alba: ‘People didn’t even give me a chance based on how racially ambiguous I looked’

Jessica Alba is the covergirl of Latina Magazine this month, where she talks about pregnancy style, her insecurities and looking too ‘racially ambiguous’:
On showing off your shape: “If you are sporting a pregnant belly, it’s better to show it than to hide it. If you look in the mirror and you look really wide and frumpy, then you’re going to appear really wide and frumpy. The more figure forming your clothes, even though you have more curves, the better. I like long, thin sweaters that kind of hide my hips and my booty, so there’s not a huge emphasis on how big they’re getting.”

On her insecurities: “I was a lot more insecure when I was younger. I was very sensitive to criticism. Now I’m definitely a lot more self-assured.” In 2008, she told Latina: “All of the stuff I got made fun of as a kid– bubble butt, fish lips, the dark skin – I’m proud of now.”

On landing her breakthrough role:“I certainly knew the significance of Dark Angel because I knew how difficult it was just to get to that point. A lot of people didn’t even give me a chance based on how racially ambiguous I looked.”

… says Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment