Thursday, July 21, 2011

Celeb Gossip » Demi Lovato on Recovery: An Ongoing Journey

Celeb Gossip » Demi Lovato on Recovery: An Ongoing Journey

Demi Lovato says her recovery from "emotional and physical issues" is an ongoing struggle, but one she's doing well with on a road to recovery.

In her new song, "Skyscraper," she sings about being torn down, but rising above adversity - a familiar topic from her real-life experiences.

"This is an ongoing process," she says. "The hardest part about these diseases is that they're things that I'm going to have to face every day."

Lovato, who may or may not be dating Ryan Phillippe, is definitely back on the music scene in a big way, with a renewed sense of confidence.

Since her three-month stay in rehab, she's come a long way in a fight with bulimia, anorexia, self-mutilation, depression and bipolar disorder.

"I'm going to mess up, and I'm not going to be perfect," she says.

"But as long as I try every day to get better and better myself, then I'm one step ahead of where I was before. They are issues that every girl deals with ... it doesn't help being in front of cameras while I'm trying to be in recovery.

So why not live a more private life? Because music helps her, she says, so the sacrifice of remaining in the public eye is one she's willing to make.

"I thought, 'Music is something that keeps me healthy and that has saved my life at one point,'" she says. "I love it, I'm not going to give it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment